You will learn:
- Current understanding of the pelvis, sexuality, misconceptions and modern medical care
- Anatomy of the pelvis, hips and gluteus muscles and their roles in pelvic health
- How posture affects the pelvic floor
- Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle and a tense muscle
- The role of breath and emotion in the pelvic floor
- How to teach breath and asana to students who need tone in their pelvis and as well as those who have too much tone
- Yoga for the pelvic floor during all stages of pre and post natal
- Yoga for Menopause
- Anatomy and care for the male pelvis such as prostate issues, incontinence, sexual dysfunction
Fee is $650 before 10/25, $695 after. Full payment is due by October 25. There is an optional project for certification after the program for an additional $225.
Saturday and Sunday meet 1:30pm -6:00pm Mon-Tues meet 1:00pm -5:00pm.
About Leslie Howard: Leslie designed a successful study for UCSF on yoga for incontinence and recently received a grant to study yoga for pelvic pain. Her teaching is informed by over 3000 hours of yoga study with senior Iyengar yoga teachers, notably Raman and Patel her most important influence and mentor. To learn more about Leslie, visit: www.lesliehowardyoga.com. She is a presenter for the Yoga Journal Conferences and is featured in the documentary, “Yoga Woman”.
Leslie Howard is an Oakland based yoga teacher, specializing in all things pelvic. She leads workshops and trainings internationally and is the author of “Pelvic Liberation”. Her own struggles with healing her hips and pelvis led her to intense study of the anatomy, physiology, cultural messaging, history and energetics of this rich place.
For registration go to www.bendnmove.com or call 206-697-4399.
BendnMove 3270 California Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98116